How to Convert GoToMeeting Video with Any Video Converter?
Part I:Step 1. Convert the source WMV G2M3/G2M4 Codec Video to WMV WMV3 Codec Video. You need to have the GoToMeeting codec installed. Please click here to download and install the gotomeeting codec.
Step 2. Please go to C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToMeeting\723 (a folder with numbers, which is the version of GTM you have installed). There will be a file called "g2mtranscoder.exe". This is the utility that GoToMeeting uses to convert the file to a generic WMV file after recording.
Step 3. Now follow the instructions below to use command line to convert the WMV G2M3/G2M4 Codec Video file:
- Copy g2mtranscoder.exe AND g2m.dll files and paste them onto the ROOT C: drive (ie not in a folder).
- Place the GoToMeeting recorded WMV G2M3/G2M4 Codec Video file on the ROOT C: drive as well.
- Launch the command prompt (start -> run -> cmd).
- If the command prompt launches and shows a file/folder path (ie C:\Documents and Setting\etc) then type "cd.." (without the quotes) until you are seeing just the root C: in the command prompt line (will look like C:\>).
- Now, type the following at the prompt: "c:\g2mtranscoder.exe source=c:\videofilenamehere.wmv". (Of course put the name of your video file instead of those words and don't forget the .wmv).
- This should have kicked off the conversion, but there is no visual indication of this. You can make sure it's working though - open Task Manager and click on Processes then sort by CPU usage, you should see the g2mtranscoder hogging all your CPU cycles. It's working! Please note it would take about 20-30 minutes for g2mtranscoder.exe to convert a one-hour long file to a generic WMV file.
- When the g2mtranscoder.exe process stops, you would get the WMV WMV3 codec video in ROOT C: drive, which has replaced the source WMV G2M3/G2M4 codec video.
Convert WMV WMV3 Codec Video to MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV for PMPs with AVC
Step 1. Simply click Add Video button or drag and drop the WMV WMV3 Codec Video from ROOT C: drive to Any Video Converter. Batch video conversion and merging videos are supported.
Step 2 Choose MP4(or AVI, WMV, FLV, etc) as output format from the Profile list. You can customize video and audio settings (e.g. Video Codec, Video Bitrate, Audio Codec, Audio Bitrate, Audio Channel) in the GoToMeeting Video Converter to enhance the experience of enjoying output videos.
Step 3: Click Convert button to start converting WMV WMV3 Codec Video to MP4 format. Once the conversion is finished, you can click "Output Folder" button to get the output files. Just copy it to your Creative Zen, Archos, iRiver, Sandisc Sansa, Xbox 360, and have fun!